Commander 4WD V8-4.7L VIN N (2006)
The following step is required by law.
15. Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Modification Label" p/n 04275086AB and attach near the VECI label.
REPAIR PROCEDURE FOR EXPORT VEHICLES USING DRBIII(R) AND DOWNLOADING THE FLASH FILE FROM DealerCONNECT:
Whenever a controller is programmed, the software in the DRBIII(R); must be programmed with the latest revision level available.
If this flash process is interrupted/aborted, the flash should be restarted and then follow the directions on the DRBIII(R).
1. Before beginning the reprogramming procedure, remove any old flash reprogramming files from the DRBIII(R) memory. To clear the memory from
the MAIN MENU:
a. Simultaneously press the "MORE" and "YES" keys.
b. A screen will appear requesting a "COLD BOOT".
c. Follow the on screen instructions by selecting the "F4" key.
d. When the DRBIII(R) reboots to the MAIN MENU, proceed to Step # 2.
2. With the ignition switch in the "RUN" position, determine the original part number of the PCM currently in the vehicle. Using the DRBIII(R) select:
a. "DRBIII(R) Standalone"
b. "1998 - 2006 Diagnostics"
C. "All (Except Below)"
e. "Module Display"
Record the "PCM part # "on the repair order for later reference.
g. Disconnect the DRBIII(R) from the vehicle.
h. Connect the DRBIII(R) to the ITIL/ISIS PC and NULL modem cable.
3. Log into DealerCONNECT. Proceed to: Service / Repair - Flash.
4. Select vehicle Year, Model, and Engine (YME). Then select the "Submit" button at the bottom of the screen.
5. Compare the calibration part number available for flash reprogramming to the module part number recorded earlier. Select the new calibration if
6. Download the new calibration to the PC.
7. Using the "DRBIII - WINFLASH II" application on the PC, download the flash calibration file to the DRBIII(R) from the PC.
8. Disconnect the DRBIII(R) from the PC and NULL modem cable.
9. Open the hood, install a battery charger and verify that charging rate provides approximately 13.5 volts.
10. Connect the DRBIII(R) to the vehicle.
11. Turn the ignition switch to the "Run" position (engine not running).
12. Reprogram the PCM by downloading the flash from the DRBIII(R) to the vehicle. Using the DRBIII(R) select:
a. "Vehicle Flash"