Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Engine, Cooling and Exhaust > Engine > Timing Components > Timing Cover > Component Information > Service and Repair > Timing Cover - Removal > Page 2714
Timing Cover: Service and Repair
CAUTION: Do not use oil based liquids to clean timing cover or block surfaces. Use only rubbing alcohol, along with plastic or wooden
1. Clean timing chain cover and block surface using rubbing alcohol.
CAUTION: The 3.7L uses a special anaerobic sealer instead of a gasket to seal the timing cover to the engine block, from the factory. For
2. Inspect the water passage o-rings (2) for any damage, and replace as necessary.
4. Install cover. Tighten fasteners in sequence as shown in to 58 Nm (43 ft. lbs.).
6. Install the A/C compressor. See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Compressor HVAC/Service and Repair/A/C Compressor - Installation
9. Install radiator upper and lower hoses.
10. Install both heater hoses.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|