Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Parking Assist Distance Sensor: Service and Repair
Park Assist Sensor - Installation
NOTE: The park assist sensors (3) and the sensor spacers (2) are each available for separate service replacement. The sensor brackets (1) are
bonded and integral to the back side of the front bumper fascia (4).
1. Engage the O-ring spacer (2) around the circumference of the sensor (3) membrane protrusion.
NOTE: Production and all service replacement O-ring spacers are tapered. The wide side (base) of the O-ring should be seated against
the sensor housing and the narrow side should be oriented toward the outer surface of the sensor membrane and the front fascia.
2. Align and insert the sensor into the sensor bracket (1) on the back of the front bumper fascia (4) until the bracket latch features are fully engaged
over the top and bottom tabs of the sensor. Be certain that the sensor membrane is flush with the outer surface of the fascia.
NOTE: Be certain that each sensor membrane is properly centered in the openings of the front fascia and that the O-ring spacers are not
pinched. Improper centering or pinched O-rings can be detrimental to proper park assist sensor operation.
3. From the back of the fascia, reconnect the wire harness connector to the sensor connector receptacle.
4. Reinstall the bumper fascia onto the front of the vehicle. See: Body and Frame/Bumper/Front Bumper/Front Bumper Cover / Fascia/Service and
Repair/Front Fascia - Installation.
5. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
NOTE: The park assist sensors, the sensor O-ring spacers and the sensor brackets are each available for separate service replacement. The
following service procedure can be used for reassembling any or all of these components to the rear bumper fascia.