Jeep Workshop Manuals
Grand Cherokee 2WD V6-3.7L (2008)
Sensors and Switches > Sensors and Switches - Accessories and Optional Equipment > Parking Assist Distance Sensor > Component Information > Service and Repair > Park Assist Sensor - Removal > Page 812
1. If the park assist sensor (3) or the sensor spacer (2) are being replaced, engage the O-ring spacer around the circumference of the sensor membrane
NOTE: Production and all service replacement O-ring spacers are tapered. The wide side (base) of the O-ring should be seated against
2. If the sensor bracket (1) is being replaced, align and insert the sensor into the sensor bracket until the bracket latch features are fully engaged over
the top and bottom tabs of the sensor. Be certain that the sensor spacer is in place around the circumference of the sensor membrane protrusion.
3. If the sensor bracket is being replaced, align and insert the bracket and sensor unit between the fascia molding latch features until the top and
bottom tabs of the sensor bracket are fully engaged. Be certain that the sensor membrane is flush with the outer surface of the fascia molding.
4. If only the sensor or the sensor spacer are being replaced, align and insert the sensor into the sensor bracket on the back of the rear bumper fascia
until the bracket latch features (2) are fully engaged over the top and bottom tabs of the sensor. Be certain that the sensor membrane is flush with
NOTE: Be certain that each sensor membrane is properly centered in the openings of the rear fascia molding and that the O-ring spacers
5. From the back of the fascia, reconnect the wire harness connector to the sensor connector receptacle (1).
Repair/Rear Fascia - Installation.
7. Reconnect the battery negative cable.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|