Sephia Sedan L4-1.6L SOHC 16V (1993)
Air Bag Control Module: Service and Repair
1. Disarm SRS as outlined under Technician Safety Information.
2. On models with automatic transaxle, apply parking brake and place selector lever in rearmost position.
3. Remove front and rear consoles.
4. Disconnect both ADU wiring connectors.
5. Remove four mounting nuts, and lift ground lead from righthand front stud.
6. Lift ADU upward and rearward, then remove from vehicle. It may be necessary to loosen selector cable housing nuts at the floor tunnel.
7. Reverse procedure to install, noting the following:
a. Do not connect ADU connectors until ADU is securely mounted.
b. Attach ground lead to righthand front stud, then torque all four nuts to 8-12 ft. lbs.
c. Arm SRS and ensure air bag lamp lights for four to eight seconds, then goes off.