Freelander Service Procedures
5. With assistance, position viscous coupling
assembly onto press bed.
6. Position LRT-37-011/2 thrust button onto
viscous coupling splines.
7. With assistance, press the splined end of the
viscous coupling unit through the support
bearing. Take care that the viscous coupling
does not drop when free of the support bearing.
8. Remove viscous coupling assembly from
1. Clean flinger, bearing journal, splines and
2. Ensure that cavities between bearing and outer
shrouds are packed with Texaco Novatex EP2
3. With assistance, position viscous coupling
assembly onto press bed and locate the press
bars onto collar on viscous coupling as shown.
4. Position LRT- 60-010/1 onto bearing inner
race, and with assistance, press support
bearing onto viscous coupling.
5. Remove viscous coupling assembly from
6. Spin support bearing to confirm true running.
7. Fit front propeller shaft.
8. Fit rear propeller shaft.