Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Brakes and Traction Control > Hydraulic System, Brakes > Brake Caliper > Component Information > Service and Repair > Removal and Installation > Page 2622
Fig 8 Removing Or Installing Shoe
2. Position inboard shoe in position on adaptor with shoe "flanges" in the adaptor "ways".
3. Slowly slide caliper assembly into position in adaptor and over disc.
Align caliper on machined ways of adaptor.
Be careful not to pull the dust boot from its groove as the piston and boot slide over the inboard shoe.
4. Install anti-rattle springs and retaining clips and torque retaining screws to 200 inch-pounds.
Fig 3 Adaptor And Caliper Machined "Ways" And Caliper Retention
NOTE: The inboard shoe anti-rattle spring must always be installed on top of the retainer spring plate.
5. With bleeder screw open, allow caliper to "Gravity" fill with brake fluid, then close bleeder screw. (Be sure all air bubbles have escaped; replenish
brake fluid in master cylinder. Bleed brakes.
6. Pump brake pedal several times until a firm pedal has been obtained.
10. Road test vehicle and make several stops to wear off any foreign material on the brakes and to seat the linings.
The vehicle may pull to one side or the other if this is not done.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|