Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Steering and Suspension > Steering > Power Steering > Power Steering Pump > Component Information > Service and Repair > Power Steering Pump Overhaul > Page 2908
4. Place pump housing on work bench as shown and install two pump ring dowel pins in bore of housing.
in direction of pump rotation (counterclockwise when viewed from rear of pump).
7. Install rotor vanes in slots of pump rotor, with radius edge of vanes toward outside of rotor.
Fig. 8 Installing pressure plate
Fig. 9 Installing pressure plate springs
8. Position pump housing on two wood blocks and push parts down into place as shown.
plate in housing over dowel pins.Ported face of pressure plate goes toward pump ring.
10. Using a 2 3/4 inch diameter sleeve to apply pressure to outer edge of pressure plate only, press pressure plate into seat. Pressure plate will
travel about 1/16 inch to seat. Do not press or hammer on center of pressure plate as to do so will cause permanent distortion resulting in
11. Install two pressure plate springs, one over each dowel pin in pump housing.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|