PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
7. Place lower bearing in worm bearing adjuster and install bearing retainer.
8. Install adjuster assembly and lock nut in housing. Tighten adjuster only enough to hold worm bearings in place. Final adjustment will be made
9. Turn worm shaft until center groove in ball nut lines up with center of pitman shaft bushing.
10. Install pitman shaft and lash adjuster with shim so that center tooth meshes with center groove in ball nut.
11. Install side cover with gasket on lash adjuster by turning adjuster counterclockwise.
12. Install side cover bolts and washers.
13. Turn lash adjuster so that teeth on shaft and ball nut engage but do not bind.
14. Install lash adjuster lock nut loosely.
15. To protect pitman shaft seal from damage, cover shaft splines with masking tape. Slide new seal into place and seat it against shoulder in housing.
16. Install new worm shaft seal flush with surface of housing.
17. Fill gear housing with multi-purpose lubricant and adjust gear assembly as outlined previously.