PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Fig. 11 Stub shaft bearing removal. Model 605
Fig. 12 Pitman shaft seals & bearings. Model 605
1. Remove preload adjuster nut. Preload adjusting nut has a left hand thread.
2. Center gear by rotating stub shaft, then remove side cover snap ring, pitman shaft, side cover, O-ring seal and spring.
3. Remove locknut, adjuster plug and O-ring seal, then the lower thrust bearing assembly.
4. Push stub shaft to remove rack piston and valve assembly.
5. Remove stub shaft snap ring, dust seal and shaft seal, then the needle bearing and upper thrust bearing, if necessary.
6. Remove pitman shaft snap ring, dust seal, washer and oil seal, then the needle bearing, if necessary.
Replacing Valve Spool Dampener O-Ring (Only If Gear Squawks)
Fig. 8 Rotary valve components
The rotary valve assembly includes the valve body, valve spool and stub shaft assembly. All these parts are precision units and are hydraulically
balanced at the factory. Under no circumstances are parts in this unit to be replaced or interchanged with other parts or units. If unit parts are scored or