Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Steering and Suspension > Steering > Steering Gear > Component Information > Service and Repair > Manual Steering Gear Service > Page 2972
Fig. 6 Cylinder head oil seal ring removal
1. Place powertrain vertically in a suitable soft jawed vise to prevent damage to piston assembly. To retain 33 worm bearing needle roller bearing
during housing head removal, use arbor tool No. C-3929.
2. Raise housing head until worm shaft oil seal clears top of worm shaft, then position tool No. C-3929 on top of worm shaft and into seal. Raise
housing head until arbor is positioned in bearing, then remove housing head and arbor. bearings become dislodged during head removal,
3. Remove large O-ring from housing head, then the reaction seal from groove in housing head face by forcing compressed air into ferrule chamber.
hole located between the two O-ring grooves. Remove snap ring and seal.
9. Remove snap ring, sleeve and rectangular oil seal ring from cylinder head counterbore.
10. Ensure torque required to rotate worm shaft throughout its full travel in or out of piston does not exceed 1.5 inch lbs. The worm and piston
assembly are serviced as a complete unit and should not be disassembled.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|