Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Steering and Suspension > Suspension > Suspension Strut / Shock Absorber > Component Information > Service and Repair > Shock Absorber Replacement > Page 4269
4. Compress the coil spring enough to allow the coil spring upper retainer to be removed from coil spring and shock absorber.
7. Remove the jounce bumper and plastic collar from the shaft of the shock absorber.
Shock absorber upper and lower isolator bushings for damage or deterioration.
Inspect the coil spring for any sign of damage and replace if required.
Inspect the jounce bumper for cracks and signs of deterioration.
Inspect the plastic collar for cracks and signs of deterioration.
10. Replace any components of the shock absorber assembly found to be worn or defective during the inspection, before assembling the shock
1. Install the plastic collar and jounce bumper on the shaft of the shock absorber. The jounce bumper must be installed with the tapered end down.
CAUTION: When installing the coil spring, the round coil of the spring must be installed down so it is on the lower spring seat and the flat coil
2. Install the coil spring on the shock absorber. Be sure the end of the bottom coil is seated correctly on the spring seat of the shock absorber.
WARNING: When installing the spring compressor on the coil spring, the first full top and bottom coil of the spring must be fully
3. Install the spring compressor on the coil spring.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|