Camry LE Sedan V6-3.0L (1MZ-FE) (1998)
SST 09316 - 2001 1, 09316 - 60011 (09316 - 00011)
HINT: Press the bearing on the ring side first.
4. Adjust output shaft assembly preload.
5. Install differential case assembly to transaxle case.
6. Install output shaft assembly.
Lift up the differential case and install the output shaft assembly.
7. Install transmission case.
a. Install the transmission case.
HINT: If necessary, tap on the case with a plastic hammer.
b. Install and torque the 17 bolts.
Torque: 29 N-m (300 kgf.cm 22 ft. lbs.).
8. Install output shaft rear tapered roller bearing outer race.
Using a plastic hammer, drive in the outer race.
9. Install shim.
HINT: Install the previously selected shim.
10. Install rear bearing retainer.
Using a torx wrench (T45), install and torque the 7 torx screws.
Torque: 42 N.m (430 kgf/cm, 31 ft. lbs.).
11. Adjust differential case side bearing preload.
a. Install a new lock nut to the output shaft.
b. Turn the output shaft right and left 2 or 3 times to allow the bearings to settle.
c. Using a torque wrench, measure the preload.
Preload (at starting):
New bearing (Output shaft preload plus): 0.2 - 0.3 N.m (1.8 3.5 kgf/cm, 1.6 - 3.0 inch lbs.).
Reused bearing (Output shaft preload plus): 0.1 - 0.2 N.m (1.1-2.2 kgf/cm, 1.0-1.9 inch lbs.).
If the preload is not within the specification, select an appropriate adjusting shim.
HINT: The total preload will change by about 0.1-0.2 N.m (1-2 kgf/cm, 0.9-1.7 inch lbs.). with each 0.05 mm change in adjusting shim