V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 56 B5254T (1998)
Brake Rotor/Disc: Testing and Inspection
Measuring Lateral Wheel Hub Movement [SSS]
SSS. Measuring lateral wheel hub movement
SSSA. Measuring lateral run-out in hub
Special tools: 999 5418, 999 5507
- Get measurement tool set 999 5418.
- Remove brake caliper and brake pads as per [QQQA2 - QQQA4 or RRRA2 - RRRA5]. Then continue as below.
Mark brake disc up against hub so disc can return to its old position when installing.
- Clean hub flange carefully. Remove rust with steel blade and steel brush.
Installing measurement equipment
- Install measurement equipment as per illustration. Illustration shows testing front.
- Front: Use M8 bolts, washers and nuts in bolt set 999 5507 when installing measurement tool bracket to front brake caliper mounting hole.
Make sure that bracket is not lying against driveshaft gaiter, (front only).
- Rear: Use the bolts included in the measurement tool set when installing measurement tool bracket to the rear brake caliper mounting hole.
Measuring lateral run-out