Volvo Workshop Manuals
V70 XC AWD L5-2.4L Turbo VIN 56 B5254T (1998)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Differential Assembly > Seals and Gaskets, Differential > System Information > Service and Repair > Differential Side Seal > Page 4956
6. Install new seal Lubricate seal. Use drift 2806.
7. Press on drive flange Use press tool 5156.
NOTE: Install flange as marked during removal.
8. Tighten drive flange to 180-200 Nm (133-148 ft. lbs.).
Use new, oiled nut.
NOTE: 200 Nm must not be exceeded, otherwise pinion bearing may be overtightened, resulting in bearing failure.
0.05 mm (0.0020 inch) [0.08 mm (0.0031 inch) for CV joint]
Install bolt in weight.
9. Install propeller shaft as per marking
Use socket 5244 for ordinary propeller shaft. Use new bolts and nuts. Tighten alternately to 50 Nm (37 ft. lbs.).
10. Fill final drive with oil of correct specification.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|