TSX Sedan V6-3.5L (2011)
1. Give your client an estimate for repairing the unit (see step 6), plus the labor cost to replace it.
2. Print out the Out-of-Warranty/New Replacement AcuraLink Control Unit Repair Form.
From the iN main menu:
Click on SERVICE.
Click on ISIS (Service Publications).
Click on SEARCH BY VEHICLE.
Enter the model and the model year.
Enter keywords ACURALINK REPAIR FORM.
Select Out-of-Warranty/New Replacement
AcuraLink Control Unit Repair Form from
3. Fill out the technician section of the Out-of-Warranty/New Replacement AcuraLink Control Unit Repair Form.
4. Remove the faulty unit. Give the unit to your parts department.
5. Fill out the parts manager section of the Out-of-Warranty/New Replacement AcuraLink Control Unit Repair Form. Make sure you include your
name, a department, and a dealership phone number in the blank space on the repair form.
6. Contact the manufacturer to request an estimate for the cost of the repair plus shipping.
Prices are subject to change; please call for a current firm price on repair.
7. Get the required paperwork:
Paying by check - Issue a dealership check made out to Pioneer Electronics for the cost of the repair and return shipping.
Paying by credit card (Visa or MasterCard only) -
the control unit repair form must be completed by
the parts manager. When you use a credit card,
fill in all of these fields:
Credit card number
Credit card expiration date
Printed name (as shown on credit card)
Signature (authorized card holder)
Authorized charge amount
If you send a faulty unit without a check or complete credit card information, it may result in additional time to process your repair, and the
manufacturer may send the unit back to you unrepaired, or they may repair it and send it back C.O.D.
Make a copy of the completed Out-of-Warranty/New Replacement AcuraLink Control Unit Repair Form. If you send the manufacturer
the faulty unit without a copy of the form, they will hold the unit unrepaired until they receive one.