Freelander Service Procedures
Front wheel alignment - check & adjust
1. Ensure tyre pressures are correct and vehicle
is at kerbside weight.
2. Roll vehicle backwards and forwards to relieve
stresses in steering and suspension.
3. Ensure that wheel alignment equipment is
4. Check front wheel alignment is within
1. Mark position of steering ball joints for
2. Loosen track rod and ball joint pinch bolts.
3. Rotate turn buckle to obtain correct alignment.
Ensure ball joint is not rotated.
CAUTION: Both track rods must be rotated
an equal amount.
4. Recheck front wheel alignment.
5. Tighten track rod and ball joint pinch bolts to 28
Nm (21 lbf.ft).
CAUTION: Ensure slots in turn buckle
clamps are aligned.