Plymouth Workshop Manuals
PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Steering and Suspension > Steering > Steering Gear > Component Information > Service and Repair > Manual Steering Gear Service > Page 2965
Fig. 17 Adjuster plug components
Lubricate all parts as they are assembled.
inch Allen wrench.
2. Mount adjuster plug in vise with soft jaws.
of bearing to be flush with bottom surface of stub shaft seal bore.
4. Install stub shaft far enough to provide clearance for dust seal and retaining ring. Install new dust seal with rubber surface outward. Install new
5. Assemble large thrust bearing race, thrust bearing, small race and spacer (with grooves up) on adjuster plug and secure with retainer.
Fig. 18 Pitman shaft seals & washers
1. With stamped end of needle bearing facing outward, drive bearing into bore from outside of housing until flush. Make sure bearings rotate freely.
Assemble Rotary Valve
1. Assemble one valve body Teflon ring back-up O-ring seal in each groove in valve body, being sure seals do not become twisted.
in the grooves but the heat of the oil during subsequent operation will cause them to straighten.
3. Install valve spool dampener O-ring seal in valve spool groove, being sure it is not twisted.
engagement with the valve body pin, the spool will be permitted to enter the valve body too far. The dampener O-ring seal may expand into valve
Assemble Rack-Piston Worm & Valve
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|