PB 150 V8-318 5.2L VIN T 2-BBL (1983)
Fig. 24 Worm shaft & rotary valve components
Fig. 25 Installing adjuster plug
Fig. 26 Installing rack-piston seal compressor
1. Install valve and worm in housing as a unit.
2. Install new O-rings on adjuster plug.
3. Install adjuster plug on stub shaft in gear housing finger tight.
4. Holding a suitable Teflon ring compressor sleeve tightly against shoulder of gear housing, insert rack-piston nut and arbor into housing, holding
arbor unit it contacts worm end.
5. Holding arbor tight against worm, turn stub shaft flange and worm to draw ball nut onto worm and into housing until arbor is free. Be certain that
no balls drop out.
6. Remove arbor and sleeve.
Check Worm Preload