Plymouth Workshop Manuals
Prowler V6-3.5L VIN G (1999)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Automatic Transmission/Transaxle > Bell Housing, A/T > Component Information > Service and Repair > Engine Bell Housing > Page 3147
8. Lightly tap bearing into position using flange (Fig. 19).
10. Remove flange.
12. Install flange, install the washer and a new nut on the shaft. Tighten flange nut using Special Tool # 6958 holder (Fig. 20). Use a deep 1 1/4 inch
13. Tighten the nut to 298 Nm (220 ft. lbs.) minimum. Do not over-tighten. Maximum torque is 380 Nm (280 ft. lbs.).
CAUTION: Never loosen shaft nut to decrease shaft bearing rotating torque and never exceed specified preload torque. If preload torque is
NOTE: A new collapsible spacer will start to crush at around 265 ft. lbs. torque. If the spacer requires more than 280 ft. lbs. torque to crush, the
14. Using yoke holder 6958, a short length of 1 inch pipe, and a torque wrench set at 380 Nm (280 ft. lbs.), crush collapsible spacer until bearing end
play is taken up.
15. Slowly tighten the nut in 6.8 Nm (5 ft. lbs.) increments until the rotating torque is achieved. Measure the rotating torque frequently to avoid over
crushing the collapsible spacer.
16. Check rotating torque with an inch pound torque wrench. The torque necessary to rotate the shaft should be 0.56 Nm to 1.65 Nm (5 to 15 in. lbs.).
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|