Volvo Workshop Manuals
V70 GL L5-2.4L VIN 55 B5254S (1998)
Brakes and Traction Control > Disc Brake System > Brake Pad > Component Information > Service and Repair > Brake Pads, Front, Replacing > Page 5070
Checking brake disc
- Check brake disc friction surface.
Min. disc thickness = replacement point = 23.0 mm (0.9"). Minimum recommended disc thickness when installing new brake pads = 23.8
Installation of locating pins
- Check locating pin rubber bushings. Replace as necessary.
Installing brake caliper and brake pads
- Push piston back in cylinder on brake caliper.
- Install new brake pads and install brake caliper.
Finishing and checking
- If brake hose was not unscrewed, go to Checking brake fluid level.
Make sure that hose is not twisted. There is a white line running along the hose which shows if the hose is twisted. Correct at other end of
- Top up and bleed braking system as per Bleeding brakes. Then continue as below.
Checking brake fluid level
- Push brake pedal down a few times.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|