Volvo Workshop Manuals
V70 GL L5-2.4L VIN 55 B5254S (1998)
Transmission and Drivetrain > Drive Axles, Bearings and Joints > Axle Shaft Assembly > Axle Shaft > Component Information > Service and Repair > Axle Shaft Assembly, Constant Velocity Type > Page 4593
11. Pull out the cable and remove the parking brake segment from the cable. Take care not to damage the protective cable cover.
12. Remove the four bolts holding the axle end piece.
down a little.
14. Remove the axle.
999 5225 Mandrel
999 5351 Mandrel
951 2050 Angle Gauge
999 2861 Counterhold
999 5350 Spacer
999 5340 Counterhold
1. Ensure that the trailing arm and stub axle end piece surfaces are clean before installation.
2. Check that the cable cover sleeve O-ring is undamaged. Press the cover sleeve onto the stub axle end piece.
3. Install the stub axle. Use new screws. Tighten crosswise to 35 Nm (26 ft. lbs.) and angle-tighten to 60°. Use angle gauge.
|[PREV PAGE] [NEXT PAGE]|