11. All precautions must be taken to prevent
damage to fittings and connections. Slight
damage could cause a leak with the high
pressures used in the system.
12. Always use two wrenches of the correct size,
one on each fitting when releasing and
tightening refrigeration unions.
13. Joints and ’O’ rings should be coated with
refrigeration oil to aid correct seating. Fittings
which are not lubricated with refrigerant oil are
almost certain to leak.
14. All lines must be free of kinks. The efficiency of
the system is reduced by a single kink or
15. Flexible hoses should not be bent to a radius
less than 90mm radius.
16. Flexible hoses should not be within 100mm of
the exhaust manifold.
17. Completed assemblies must be checked for
refrigeration lines touching metal panels. Any
direct contact of lines and panels transmits noise
and must be eliminated.
Routine servicing, apart from visual checks, is not
necessary. The visual inspections are as follows:
With a water hose or air line, clean the fins of the
condenser to remove flies, leaves, etc. Check the pipe
connections for signs of oil leakage.
Check pipe connections for signs of oil leakage.
Check flexible hoses for swelling. Examine the
compressor belt for tightness and condition.
Examine the sight glass for bubbles with the system
operating. Check connections for leakage.
Examine the refrigeration connections at the unit.