SPRINGS - GEAR LEVER BIAS
Service repair no - 37.16.26
NOTE: The purpose of this adjustment is
to set both bolts so that the bias spring
legs apply equal pressure on both ends of
the gear lever cross pin when 3rd or 4th gear is
engaged. This will ensure that when the gear lever
is in neutral, the gear change mechanism is
automatically aligned for 3rd or 4th gears.
1. Remove gear lever knobs.
2. Release and remove gear lever gaiter.
3. Select 3rd or 4th gear.
4. Adjust the two adjusting screws until both legs of
the spring are approximately 0.5 mm (0.02 in)
clear of cross pin in the gear lever.
5. Apply a light load to the gear lever in a RH
direction and adjust the LH adjusting screw
downwards until the LH spring leg just makes
contact with the cross pin.
6. Repeat the same procedure for the RH adjusting
7. Lower both adjusting screws equal amounts until
the radial play is just eliminated. Tighten lock
8. Return gear lever to neutral position and move
gear lever across the gate several times. The
gear lever should return to the 3rd and 4th gate.
9. Fit gear lever gaiter.
10. Fit gear lever knobs.