Freelander Service Procedures
ENGINE - K SERIES KV6
4. Remove Torx screw securing idler pulley to
front mounting plate and remove pulley.
5. Release alternator battery lead terminal cover,
loosen terminal nut and disconnect lead from
6. Disconnect multiplug from alternator.
7. Remove lower bolt and upper nut and bolt
securing alternator to front mounting plate.
8. Release alternator and remove.
9. Remove 3 bolts securing camshaft timing belt
LH rear cover and remove cover.
10. Remove inlet manifold chamber - if fitted.
11. Remove 2 bolts securing RH rear timing belt
cover heat shield to cylinder head; remove heat
12. Remove 3 bolts securing RH rear timing belt
cover; remove cover.