Freelander Service Procedures
Automatic belt assembly - front - 3 door
1. Remove seat base finisher.
2. Remove body side rear trim casing.
3. Remove 2 Torx bolts securing seat belt lower
mounting and remove mounting from seat belt.
4. Release seat belt retaining strap.
5. Remove cover from upper mounting.
6. Remove Torx bolt from upper mounting.
7. Remove bolt from seat belt reel and remove
NOTE: If the SRS component is to be replaced,
the bar code of the new unit must be recorded.
1. Position reel and tighten bolt to 31 Nm (23
2. Extend belt, position top mounting and tighten
Torx bolt to 31 Nm (23 lbf.ft).
3. Fit top mounting cover.
4. Secure belt retaining strap.
5. Fit lower mounting to seat belt, position
mounting, fit and tighten Torx bolts to 40 Nm
6. Fit body rear side trim casing.
7. Fit seat base finisher.